Flyers and Brochures
- Agency Services Flyer (English, PDF) - Information sheet highlighting the programs and services available through DARS. (Main brochure)
- Servicios de agencia folletos (PDF) ? hoja de información destacan los programas y servicios disponibles a través de DARS.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services Flyer (English, PDF) - Information sheet highlighting the vocational rehabilitation and employer services available through DARS.
- Transition Services Flier: Get Connected (PDF) - Information sheet describing the services available to students transitioning from high school to work.
- Folleto de servicios de transición: ¡Conéctate! (PDF) - hoja informativa que describe los servicios disponibles a los estudiantes de transición de la escuela secundaria para trabajar.
- Promoting Accessibility (PDF) - This document outlines web accessibility information.
- Consumer Handbook: Your Path to Work (HTML) - Our vocational rehabilitation (VR) program offers services to empower individuals with disabilities to enter the work force or return to work.
- The Virginia Assistive Technology Program/VATS brochure (English, PDF) – Information on assistive technology resources and the services provided by Virginia Assistive Technology Systems.
- DARS Services for Employers website
- Living and working with Disabilities: Tax Benefits and Credits – (PDF)
Title V Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) State Plan 2012-2015
- FINAL SCSEP State Plan for Posting for Public Comments 09062012 (std73285) v1
- Appendix A Table 1 and 2
- Appendix B Long Term Employment Projections for VA
- Appendix C Emails to Stakeholders
Title V Senior Community Service Program (SCSEP) State Plan Modification 2014
Each year, the Adult Protective Services Division releases its state fiscal year report to inform the public of its activities.
Each year the State Rehabilitation Council submits an Annual Report to the Commissioner of the federal Rehabilitation Services Administration and to the Governor of Virginia on the status of vocational rehabilitation programs operated within the state.
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- 2013 Annual Report (PDF)
- 2012 Annual Report (PDF) | 2012 Annual Report (Large Print - Word)
- 2011 Annual Report (PDF) | 2011 Annual Report (Large Print - Word)
- 2010 Annual Report (PDF)
Copies may be obtained by contacting the SRC Liaison at SRC Web.
- Policy Manuals and Service Guides
- VR Policy & Procedure Manual
- Supported Employment Guide
- Self Employment Enterprise Guide
- Services Reference Manual - Fee Schedule
- Training and Facilities Manual
- Transition Services Guide
- New Counselor Skills Competencies Checklist Revised Aug 2008
- Vocational Evaluation Best Practices Manual
- PAS Policy and Procedure Manual
- 2012 Public Hearing Comments
- ADA Documents
- 2014 Dementia Care Best Practices in the Commonwealth
- 2014 State Plan for Vocational Rehabilitation and Supported Employment
- 2013 State Plan for Vocational Rehabilitation and Supported Employment
- Public Hearing Comments
- State Plan Assurances
- Attachment 4.2(c) Input of State Rehabilitation Council
- Attachment 4.8(b)(1) Cooperative Agreements with Agencies Not Carrying out Activities under Statewide Workforce Investment System
- Attachment 4.8(b)(2) Coordination with Education Officials
- Attachment 4.8(b)(3) Cooperative Agreements with Private Nonprofit Organizations
- Attachment 4.8(b)(4) Arrangements and Cooperative Agreements for the Provision of Supported Employment Services
- Attachment 4.10 Comprehensive System of Personnel Development
- Attachment 4.11(a) Statewide Assessment
- Attachment 4.11(b) Annual Estimates
- Attachment 4.11(c)(1) State Goals and Priorities
- Attachment 4.11(c)(3) Order of Selection
- Attachment 4.11(c)(4) Goals and Plans for Distribution of Title VI, Part B Funds
- Attachment 4.11(d) State's Strategies
- Attachment 4.11(e)(2) Evaluation and Reports of Progress Vocational Rehabilitation and Supported Employment Goals
- 2011 Commissioner’s Letter Announcing Closing of Client Categories
- Strategic and Service Area Plans 2006-2008 - You can download the Strategic Plan in
Adobe PDF or
Accessible HTML format.
- Service Area Plan for DARS Vocational Rehabilitation Services - You can download the Plan in PDF or Accessible HTML format.
- Service Area Plan for DARS Social Security Disability Determination - You can download the Plan in PDF or Accessible HTML format.
- Service Area Plan for DARS Community Rehabilitation Programs - You can download the Plan in PDF or Accessible HTML format.
- Service Area Plan for DARS Administrative and Supportive Services - You can download the Plan in PDF or Accessible HTML format.
- Federal Fiscal Year 2013 VR Consumer Satisfaction Report (PDF)
- 2005-2010 Brain Injury Action Plan in Virginia - Development of a Statewide Brain Injury Action Plan in Virginia.
- 2014 – 2016 State Plan for Independent Living
- DARS WorkForce Plan - Simply stated, workforce planning is the process of ensuring that the right people are in the right place, and at the right time to accomplish the mission of the agency.
- 2014 Diversity Calendar